Front Loading vs Top Loading Washers
Front-loading and top-loading washers both come with advantages, but is there a clear winner? We weigh the pros and cons below!.
- Generally use less water per load
- Higher spin speeds lessen drying time
- Tumbling motion is gentle on clothes
- Can fit larger loads
- Can take longer than top load washers to complete a cycle
- Can be uncomfortable to load and unload
- Usually have faster wash cycles
- Easier to load for most people
- Impeller and agitators can cause more wear and tear
- Uses more water
- Can be difficult to reach the bottom of
- Some models can produce a lot of noise
Front load washers can handle larger loads, are gentle on clothes, and are generally more efficient than their top-loading counterparts. For example, a standard top-load washer uses about 41 gallons per load, while front-load washers use around 13 gallons per load.
That’s why, at Fluff & Fold, you’ll choose from a large number of modern front-loading machines that will have your clothes perfectly clean and dried within an hour, ranging in size to fit your amount of laundry perfectly.
If you have any more questions about our laundry appliances or facilities, please visit one of our locations or call us 732-531-4333. Don’t have time to do your own laundry? Let us do it for you! Simply drop off your clothing with our laundry professionals and we will take personal care of your clothing. Get directions now!